A visit in Kraków, in XV LO –November 2018
A visit and activities in Lithuania – September 2018
Students presentation about the visit in Portugal –February 2019.
Welcome to XV LO
* * *
Results of the survey in 15 LO in Kraków
- The survey participants: 3 teachers,103 students from 1st,2nd,3rd classes, mainly female(64%)
- Generally:most participants are of good health(only 1% poor) and have quite often balanced and healthy lifestyle eating regularly fresh and natural food, obisity is not a problem.
Unfortunately, only 47% feel comfortable with their body image-what may be typical for this age – being teenagers.
- Bad habits:
- not enough sleep due to playing games,learing at night, waking tired,
- smoking- 17% smoke, mostly about 5 cigaretts a day what is quite a lot – addiction we can say-half of them tried to quit
- Alcohol – half of students sometimes drink alcohol, it’s usually: beer, wine, spirit and cocktail
- Physical activities:
- 72% practise regularly: bike,gym,walking, travelling, some days per week and usually it takes about 1 or 2 hours
- Eating habits:
- Breakfast is eaten at home, it is usually: tea,yoghurt, coffee, bread, cheese, ham
- Only 27%of them go with friends to fast food restaurants
- While eating at home, most of them don’t use a phone but while eating with friends-half of them use the phone
- Most students eat lunch at school: usually filled sandwiches, fruit, water
- 77% have snacks in the afternoon such as:tea, pizza, sweets, fruit juice
- Dinner(main dish) is usually eaten at 2 or 3 o’clock, after school and mainly:soups, main dishes and side dishes-traditional Polish dishes.
- The frequency of eaten food-most often: bread,fruit, vegetables,fresh cheese,
Never-croissant,bar cereal, pre-cooked package food.
- Bottled water is mainly drunk and about 1,5 litre a day
- 90% use public transport or go on food.
- Students follow healthy habits due to our tradition passed from generation to genaration such as eating habits: meals are healthy, prepared at home, eaten at regular time.
- Students have also bad habits connected with modern technology or their age such as computer games, the Internet, alcohol, smoking.
- Physical activities are also quite popular.
- Students understand the importance of healthy lifestyle.
How to burn calories: a presentation of students after the meeting with a dietician